Published: May, 2021
We are delighted to announce that Corpus Christi College, Oxford the Patron of St Laurence Church since the 16th Century has awarded us a grant of £2000 towards our church restoration fund.
The living of St Laurence Church has been held by Corpus since 1539. The pulpit dates from 1638 and the lectern was presented by Corpus Christi at the time of the 1912-14 restoration. It shows a pelican feeding its young which is the emblem of the college.